RESEARCHBiofluiddynamics Drops Bubbles Elastocapillarity Nanofabrication
Nanoscale surface patterning
We modify the structure and energy of surfaces of various materials to obtain unusually strong water repellency, superhydrophilicity, or anisotropic friction/adhesion properties.
1. T.-G. Cha, J. W. Yi, M.-W. Moon, K.-R. Lee, and H.-Y. Kim, "Nanoscale patterning of microtextured surfaces to control superhydrophobic robustness," Langmuir 26, 8319-8326 (2010)
2. M.-W. Moon, T.-G. Cha, K.-R. Lee, A. Vaziri, and H.-Y. Kim, "Tilted Janus polymer pillars," Soft Matter 6, 3926-3929 (2010)
3. J. W. Yi, M.-W. Moon, S. F. Ahmed, H. Kim, T.-G. Cha, H.-Y. Kim, S.-S. Kim, and K.-R. Lee, "Long-lasting hydrophilicity on nanostructured Si-incorporated diamond-like carbon films," Langmuir 26, 17203-17209 (2010)
4. S. F. Ahmed, G.-H. Rho, J. Y. Lee, S. J. Kim, H.-Y. Kim, Y.-J. Jang, M.-W. Moon, and K.-R. Lee, "Nano-embossed structure on polypropylene induced by low energy Ar ion beam irradiation," Surface & Coatings Technology 205, S104-S108 (2010)
5. B. Shin, K.-R. Lee, M.-W. Moon, and H.-Y. Kim, "Extreme water repellency of nanostructured low-surface-energy non-woven fabrics," Soft Matter 8, 1817-1823 (2012)
6. T.-J. Ko, E. K. Her, B. Shin, H.-Y. Kim, K.-R. Lee, B. K. Hong, S. H. Kim, K. H. Oh, M.-W. Moon, "Water condensation behavior on the surface of a network of superhydrophobic carbon fibers with high-aspect-ratio nanostructures," Carbon 50, 5085-5092 (2012)
7. E. K. Her, T.-J. Ko, B. Shin, H. Roh, W. Dai, W. K. Seong, H.-Y. Kim, K.-R. Lee, K. H. Oh, and M.-W. Moon, "Superhydrophobic transparent surface of nanostructured poly(methyl methacrylate) enhanced by a hydrolysis reaction," Plasma Processes and Polymers 10, 481-488 (2013)
8. W. Dai, S. J. Kim, W.-K. Seong, S. H. Kim, K.-R. Lee, H.-Y. Kim, and M.-W. Moon, "Porous carbon nanoparticle networks with tunable absorbability," Scientific Reports 3, 2524 (2013)
9. S. Jeong, B. Shin, W. Jo, H.-Y. Kim, M.-W. Moon, and S. Lee, "Nanostructured PVDF membrane for MD application by an O2 and CF4 plasma treatment," Desalination 399, 178-184 (2016)
Nanoscale 3-D fabrication
We make probably the world's smallest pottery and the world's first nanofiber-stacked free-standing walls with polymer electrojetting.
1. H.-Y. Kim, M. Lee, K. J. Park, S. Kim, and L. Mahadevan, "Nanopottery: Coiling of electrospun polymer nanofibers," Nano Letters 10, 2138-2140 (2010)
2. M. Lee and H.-Y. Kim, "Toward nanoscale three-dimensional printing: Nanowalls built of electrospun nanofibers," Langmuir 30, 1210-1214 (2014)